Review: Corel Video Studio Pro X5 aka Video
Our New Review for Corel Video Studio Pro X5 in May 2012
actually use this product and purchased the Corel Video Studio
Ultimate X5 version to get the add-ons.
This is a review of Video Studio Pro X5 ultimate too.
Best Buy Return Policy Review
We became aware that a government ID is now
required for ALL Best Buy returns and the ID is RECORDED by Best Buy
read our review - we apologize for interrupting this
page but we
hate the return policy so much we posted this interrupt on many of our pages
We Love Corel Video Studio x5 - highly recommended.
Minute video to get started quickly in Video Studio Pro
It is our opinion that this is the best consumer Video editor on
the market. We are not a paid reviewer, we actually use Video
Studio Ultimate X5
Video Studio X5 deserves to be a Hit! VideoStudio 15 is perfect for
those just beginning in video editing and it is powerful enough for
advanced users. We use it for our professional web sites output
needed a productive video editor when we found Adobe Elements Premiere 8,
9 and 10
to be dogs and Corel VideoStudio Pro is it. (see our
Adobe Elements 10 Review).
Our personal take, and perspectives from some other reviewers, is that Elements has not gotten
better over time
This Corel product upgrade from VideoStudio X4 to X5 is great.
The interface is similar but the performance and options are
improved in VideoStudio X5. We loved version X3 with the
exception of the clunky and frustrating "easy edit" (we hated easy
edit) and we loved X4. . And now we believe that Video Studio X5 is the best
Our first version of VideoStudio Pro was purchased from Ulead in about
2008. The product has been improved with each version since and VideoStudio x5
is a MUST upgrade from version VideoStudio 12, X3 and X4. If you have
and use any these earlier versions, do yourself a favor and upgrade.
VideoStudio Pro is a great consumer value, we recommend it.
Once you use it you'll want to tell your friends too!
This product is
superior and much more user friendly than Adobe Premiere Elements.
FYI, Adobe Elements is notorious and widely known to have
installation problems on SOME computers when Elements doesn't like
your processor or video card and drivers (also, Elements constantly
nags you to upgrade to their $50 a year add-on. Adobe
Elements constantly "calls home", contacting the mother ship, hence
slowing your internet connection and computer)
Things we LIKE about Corel VideoStudio X5 :
- We have never had an installation problem
- VideoStudio version 15 is stable; no crashes,
no freezes. It behaves as all software should.
- A trial version is available for use for 30
days. There is a 30 day money back
guarantee after you purchase
- We find Video Studio X5 a worthy upgrade from
Video Studio X4, X3 or Video Studio X2. If you want to
easily create slide shows, edited videos, create DVDs, upload to
YouTube: upgrade to this version
- Video Studio 15 supports multiple monitors
with more versatility than earlier versions
- Corel Video Studio 15 adds more tracks for
video, audio and text overlays
- Its powerful yet relatively simple interface
is a breeze to use
- We were able to produce our first video in
less than 10 minutes when we first started using VideoStudio
- The interface is elegant in its simplicity
and edit mode is excellent and intuitive.
- Mostly we like Corel Video Studio X5 because
it is not a performance hog and use pain like Adobe Elements
or Adobe Premiere.
- Price /
performance is much better than Adobe - save money - VideoStudio
is better and cheaper than Adobe.
- Templates have a tighter integration within
- There are a lot more templates / fonts etc
available for download in version 15
- HTML 5 output is included in VideoStudio X5.
first video editor that we've seen with this option. FYI -
HTML 5 supports links within the video itself.
- WinZip Pro was include free as part of our
- The interface is logical! and easy to learn
- We have a two and one half year old AMD
Athlon II x4 630 processor running at 2.8 GHz with 6 GB of ram,
our performance is improved from VideoStudio X5, even more than
X4. (Windows rates
our system (out of 7.9 max) as: Memory - 7.2; Graphics - 6.8;
Gaming graphic - 6.8; Hard disk - 5.9)
- Producing an extensive video is fast once you
are familiar with the interface. We created a 30 minute
DVD movie with over 10 section titles in multiple tracks
and a DVD menu (mixing over 200 image, titles and video files)
in under 40 minutes. The video took about 20 minutes to
completely render as a "play anywhere" DVD
- DVD creation allows you do combine multiple
projects into one output.
- Support options have returned (they are now
fee based - hey, this is fair because this product is
powerful and very inexpensive in relationship to its power and
compared to Adobes support options). Earlier versions had
only "installation" support
- We've had the software for only 4
weeks, including the trial period, as we write this, and we are
more pleased every time we use it (We purchased the ultimate
version after using the trial for just 2 days)
- In 2012, Corel has a hit in VideoStudio 15,
or at least it should. It is very good software.
Things we DO NOT like about Corel Video Studio Pro X5
- Organizing and finding templates is still not
intuitive (no change in this version)
- The default / template folders etc. Figuring out
where your stuff is is a constant pain in the butt.
- Corel VideoStudio X5 does not output .swf
files (Adobe Shockwave format files - it DOES output Adobe flash
- HTML 5 projects must be started from a
template that already exists or that you have created from saved
draft work. It's an extra step that seems like a waste of
- Rendering a HTML5 project
output is slower than we would like -
maybe it is time to upgrade our computer machine.
- Installation offers tool bars which we never
use (a privacy issue) and WinZip (part of our purchase)
installed Kaspersky system scanning security without us realizing
it. (WinZip offered us toolbars too)
Review of Corel Video Studio Pro X5 Also known as VideoStudio
- We love it for its simplicity
- Video Studio 15 has a simplicity not found in Adobe Premiere
- Corel Video Studio X5 supports output for HTML 5
It's faster, safer, and more secure than Internet
Firefox can block Advertisements, cookies, Flash
cookies and more with the "Adblocker
Plus" and "Better
Privacy " add-ons