Godaddy Hosting Review
GoDaddy makes us happy for its excellent service and inexpensive
hosting plans. We use GoDaddy when we need economy and sites with
We recommend GoDaddy Hosting for basic and inexpensive hosting
but we continue to use Crystal Tech when we need
comprehensive features that are complete and simple to
manage. We want your to find a good Web Host. These are our
opinions and hope they help you make a choice.
Best Buy Return Policy Review
We've just became aware that a government ID is now
required for ALL Best Buy returns and the ID is RECORDED by Best Buy
read our review - we appologize but
hate it so much we posted this interrupt on many of our pages
Things we like about GoDaddy hosting:
- We use GoDaddy hosting because customer
service, customer support, and web space options are amongst the
best in the industry.
- The price of basic hosting is extremely competitive
- There are no hosting site set-up fees
- Multiple domains can be shared under one
account. Using other hosts we had to have an account for each
- Calls to the GoDaddy get support get a system
engineer rather than a help desk or call center associate.
- GoDaddy is an American Hosting Company with
American Employees. We always get live technical support
- We have never had to deal
with extended hold times, ineptness, unintelligible accents,
poor English or off shore technical support.
- Free Shopping Cart and site builders in many
- Credit for free services (free sites, email,
and other services) are added to your account balance as you
purchase domains, hosting etc)
- You can upgrade (or downgrade) hosting plans
when you need more (or less) space, bandwidth, or features.
GoDaddy applies credit to new plan for the unused portion of the
- GoDaddy offers both Windows and Linux hosting
- DNS control is complete and comprehensive
(for website beginners, this is how you point your registered
domain to GoDaddy hosting or other hosting company hosting)
- There are a multitude of Free Add-ons such as
- "Solution plans" such as "Website Tonight",
"Photo Gallery, and others can provide easy solutions for
Things we don't like about GoDaddy Hosting
- Hosting plans are not comprehensive and
do not include all the basic features to get a web site going -
i.e., email and thorough web statistics
- Options (add-on costs) are endless
- Managing the various components is confusing,
each component has its own interface, user menus and so on.
- The main GoDaddy site is extremely dense and
too "busy" Until we started frequently using GoDaddy for site
hosting and multiple features, we had to call Tech Support (or
spend much too much time looking) to find where to make
- Creating a simple site registration form is
confusing and not easily figured out especially when you are not
- Managing individual features (DNS control,
Hosting Account, Email Account and others) opens new browser
windows and websites. This causes your main window to timeout
and loss of logon to the main account window.
- "Free" credits are converted to paid charged
options once the time-limit of the credit expires. "Free"
credits cannot be applied to options when their renewal time is
- Multiple sites hosted under one account are
actually 'sub-sites' that require the same email account, and
logon and password.
- These sub sites cannot have individual email
forms or web statistics - these options go under the 'main'
account for the hosting plan
- Email account management is messy. The multiple user account email
add-on is confusing to use and not directly related to multiple domains
hosted under one account
- Discounts or Advertised prices are usually
not given on renewals or domain registrations, web hosting, and
- "Solution Plans" are very limited in their
versatility. We preferred to use Google's free Picasa, for
example, to create our photo galleries and then tweak them in
our web editor (Microsoft Expression Web -
And a note on your bill: Do not over-subscribe to GoDaddy or
whatever host you choose. We have 8 GoDaddy Front Page sites with
over 500 pages, photo pages, text pages under one "Deluxe" hosting
Just starting as a webmaster or hosting a new site? We recommend
you go with CrystalTech
If your domain name choice is available today, register it with
GoDaddy today! Tomorrow it may be gone. This has happened to us.
Need Domain Registration Hints? - See our
CrystalTech Review and our
Registration Help Page
DO NOT LET YOUR WEB SITE REGISTRATION EXPIRE:
Expired Domain or is the domain registration expiring soon?
Beware - if you let your registration pass its expiration date, an
"after market" company will likely register your domain name to try
to sell it at a premium price to you or someone else.
- Godaddy has inexpensive hosting that easily lets you use the
hosting plan for multiple domains
- "Free Credits" are given for optional products when you buy
- Godaddy Customer service is 24 / 7 / 365 with American Support
staff in Arizona
- Godaddy offers multiple productivity add-ons such as Wordpress,
DotNetNuke and many more
- Godaddy hosting plans are NOT comprehensive with complete
- Solution plans are available for beginners but their
versatility is limited
- Form support is poor
- Godaddy hosting is best for the experienced web master
review of our favorite web hosting company
See our help page on
register a domain and registrar tips
Check out our PhotoImpact
and CorelDraw Review
Vonage and Digital Phone VOIP review
Review of Sony CD DRM copy
Review of Time Warner
Internet Cable Modem Service.
We appreciate Time Warner of NY and NJ Customer Service but
are disappointed with the internet speed . Road Runner Service in
New York City